• Sddtifltd@gmail.com


Live and Work in Canada-Canada Express Entry Application

Thinking of emigrating: here’s what you need to know about living, working and looking for a job in Canada (Live and Work in Canada).

There are several different Immigration Programs and ways to apply for Permanent Residence and Canada Welcomes You will help you choose the Programme that will work best for you and your family. We will ensure that you qualify under the Programme of choice and will advise and eliminate any element of confusion which so often arises with the array of rules to be followed and criteria that must be met to be successful

The Canadian shortage occupations list could be your key to finding employment here, but you’ll need skills and experience to qualify.

For those seeking a more permanent move there are options such as skilled worker, business and family class immigration. At this level, immigration is built around a points system. Applicants must fulfil certain criteria, and earn enough points in a number of areas including education, language ability, work experience, age, arranged employment adaptability and meeting the minimum financial requirement.

Additional points are awarded for family connections with Canada. For up-to-date information and a self- assessment tool that enables you to see if you qualify as a skilled worker contact us at visaexpert@sddtif.com or info@sddtif.com

Canada also admits immigrants under the Business Immigration program which comprises three sub-categories including Investors, Entrepreneurs and the Self-Employed.

The government of Quebec selects its own immigrants in co-operation with the government of Canada. If you want to work in Quebec a Certificat d’acceptation du Québec (CAQ)a Most provinces in Canada have an agreement with the Government of Canada that allows them to play a more direct role in selecting immigrants. Applications must be made direct to the province.

Student visas

A study visa/permit is required if you wish to study in Canada for six months or more, or if you intend working part-time on campus. To qualify for a study visa, you will need acceptance to a university, college or technical institution in Canada, a valid passport, proof that you can support yourself while you are studying in Canada and proof that you intend to return home after the completion of studies. For further details contact: SDDTIF LTD TEAM pickup our official contact information from our homepage.

Applying for jobs

It is a good idea to apply for jobs in Canada while you’re still in Nigeria as trying to get a job when you’re in the country can be difficult.

As in Nigeria, the typical way to apply for jobs is with a cover letter and CV (commonly known in Canada as a résumé). Your CV should include the standard information such as your contact details, past employment, education and skills and should usually not be longer than two pages.

You don’t have to supply references on your CV but you should be prepared to provide them at your interview. You might be expected to give work-related, academic and personal references. Make sure your application is targeted at each specific employer. You can contact us at info@sddtif.com for more information 

The interview process is also similar to that in Nigeria with both one-to-one and panel interviews being used. If you’re in Nigeria when applying for work you will usually have a phone interview. Make sure you research the company well before the interview and perhaps consider sending a thank you email afterwards.

Will your Nigeria qualifications be recognised for Live and Work in Canada-Canada Express Entry Application ?

Nigeria qualifications are generally well recognized around the world, but check with the employer or the relevant professional body prior to applying for work. If your profession is regulated in Canada you will need to get your academic or professional qualifications assessed. Some employers may also request it in non-regulated careers. More information is available from the Canadian Information Centre for International Credentials.

Getting work experience

Work placements and internships

To take part in our internship programs, candidates must have an intermediate to advanced level of English, be a college or university student or graduate, have some previous work experience, be open-minded, flexible and curious about learning a new culture and improving their English or French skills.  .  All candidates must be eligible for the appropriate visa through Citizenship & Immigration Canada.

Internships may be available through international companies that have offices in Canada. Check the websites of companies you’d be interested in working for to find out more. A range of internships are also available in Canada, contact us 

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published.